AstroDay - Astronomy Day in Hilo, Hawaii
A Celebration of Astronomy & Hawaiian Culture
16th Annual AstroDay - May 6, 2017
AstroDay 2017 is almost upon us! Save the date for another great year of amazing fun!
AstroDay and International Astronomy Day
AstroDay coincides with Astronomy Day, an international movement to share the joy of astronomy with the general population - "Bringing Astronomy to the People." On Astronomy Day, thousands of people who have never looked through a telescope will have an opportunity to see first hand what has so many amateur and professional astronomers all excited. AstroDay in Hilo features over 40 exhibits, demonstrations and activity areas and musical performance throughout Prince Kuhio Plaza.
AstroDay presenters include the observatories on Mauna Kea, educators, students, Hawaiian culture groups and commercial vendors. Here are some of the presenters for this year:
- Canada France Hawaii Telescope (CFHT)
- East Asian Observatories (JCMT) / University of Arizona (CSO)
- Gemini Observatory
- Hilo Astronomy Club
- Institute for Astronomy (IfA)
- Imiloa Astronomy Center
- InfraRed Telescope Facility (IRTF)
- Keck Observatories
- Mauna Kea Visitor Information Station
- Smithsonian Sub-Millimeter Array (SMA)
- Subaru Telescope
- University of Hawaii at Hilo
- Very Long Baseline Array
- More to be announced!